HRFC U10 - Eton Manor club visit
By Franck Bergonzo
We had 15 players yesterday @Eton Manor. Lots of parents too and a beautiful sunshine for a great November morning:
- Great welcome from Eton – nice and friendly.
- Great refereeing and coaching - strict rules –but well explained and beneficial to the game.
- Free hotdogs for players.
We played three 12-minutes matches:
Hampstead 6 - Manor 0
Hampstead 3 - Manor 2
Hampstead 4 - Manor 0
Aggregate score 13-2
Well done kids, again. Eton was a very serious opposition, we had to raise our game and did so brilliantly.
We have seen great sequences and are happy to see our emphasis on passing has paid off.
Maybe the biggest positive was witnessing the overall skills of our players – both individual and collective.
We have welcome a number players and built a very strong group: As an example, during the last match we rotated 7 out of 8 players at half time, but the same team was on the pitch.
We try to get them to foster the team atmosphere, analyse the game and identify what they did well and where we need to improve.
Precisely, we will next work on:
- Tackling: we conceded 2 similar tries because we could not bring opposition to the ground.
- Taking responsibility as scrumhalf. In a ruck situation, the next player steps over the player, then the scrumhalf needs to pick and pass the ball. We will aim to be quicker during these phases, and to take ownership.
- We ll keep practicing passing
- Last, we need to stop high tackles, the fending / hand offs, and offside.
Thanks again everyone for encouraging the kids and coming over.
Next Saturday - Training as usual - back to our normal pitch.
1 Dec - yearly bowling session @Bloomsbury
2 Dec – Harlow festival – please sign in kids asap.
We will aim to setup a whatsapp group for HRFC u10 parents. Those with mobiles registered will receive an invitation - and you can always opt out at a later stage.
U10 coaching team,